Please Note: Align Chiropractic does not currently have a physiotherapist on-site.
Physiotherapy plays a key role in the health of individuals across the care continuum. Physiotherapy is effective in the assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and management of acute and chronic conditions, the prevention of injury and disability and in promoting health and well-being.
Utilizing a variety of techniques and treatment methods, physiotherapists can help relieve pain, restore movement, improve strength and flexibility as well as enhance patients overall physical and emotional well-being. Treatments may include manual therapies, mobilizations, stretches, pain relieving modalities, balance training, active conditioning, education and home-based exercise instruction.
What can a Physiotherapist do for you?
- Manage acute and chronic conditions, activity limitations and restrictions
- Musculoskeletal assessments
- Soft tissue and manual therapy techniques; including massage, joint mobilizations and manipulations
- Prescription, and application of assistive, adaptive and supportive equipment
- Education, consultation, and health promotion
- Therapeutic exercise to improve strength, range of motion and function
Common Conditions Treated:
- Repetitive strain injuries/overuse injuries
- Nerve impingement
- Sport injuries
- Muscle and joint pain
- Whiplash-associated disorders
- Frozen shoulder
- Tennis elbow
- Chronic pain conditions
- Mobility issues